Monday, August 6, 2007

Getting Things done in Bangalore

My father bought a new flat in Bangalore for me and my parents. The building is yet to be completed but we have told the person in charge that we want it now because we require it urgently.
We started pestering him about the completion and he told us that, let the carpentry work get over and then we will proceed.


We got carpenter at the quickest and told him to do a basic job like the cupboards and kitchen cabinets. It took the carpenter a month or so to finish the job completely and now we (in the sense me and my family) are again after the person in charge.

The guy then gives us a day (saturday) that he will completely finish the job and he will see to it that it finishes. Most of the work was supervised by my brother who was coming daily to the house and looking after it but now he wanted to go to the village side with my parents. That’s when he gives me the responsibility to take care of the house and that I had to see that it finishes by saturday and that everything is perfect.
Days pass by and only painters do their job and none of the other work is complete. I try to contact people who might be in charge but no one takes responsibility and another thing is that while doing so, I was about a pick a fight with the drunken owner but it didn't happen because I understand situations pretty quickly and am a smart guy. After the various interactions with various people, I finally get to meet the real person in charge and keep telling him about the problems I have. He then tells me that all the workers have gone to another construction site and the work can't be completed by Saturday. He then asks for time till Monday.
I was like okay and begged him to do the stuff on Monday at least.

Monday(Today): I go there with all intentions of work going on and everyone's busy doing their work but all I see is that the room is completely deserted and there's no one doing work. I go in search of there person I talked to the previous time but he never answered the calls I sent to him. I went back to their office on site and asked them for an explanation but another guy again says the same reason as before that the people have gone to the other site area and nothing can be done today and everything will be surely done by tomorrow, Tuesday.

So, for tomorrow I have no high expectations that work will be done but if hasn't been started as yet, then not even a single person on this universe who would see me as angry as I would predict.

No comments: