Friday, August 3, 2007

Scooty Accident

Today when riding on the my sister's Honda Activa, a guy in a Maruti Omni came in and banged me on the side on the Activa. Luckily, I escaped the crash by few inches.

The whole story goes this way, I was sent to withdraw money from the bank. I take the normal route but find out that it’s extremely jammed. So I take the longer way to the normal. After crossing of about 700 meters, I wait to take a turn. At this time, I suddenly see an Omni speeding up at coming directly at me. I try to move front but nothing is happening. It all happened so fast that I moved enough to save my leg but I couldn't have saved the inevitable, The Omni stopped at a quick pace but still he banged into the Activa. His brake helped me hold still the balance of the bike and keep it still standing but still the Omni dented a deep hole in the back part of the scooty. I got damn angry by this and started scolding at him for not looking and driving.(Here the sad part of the whole story)He then told me that lets go to the police station and I ,like an idiot, straight said okay okay and went away ,running of like a scared dog.

The issue is that, I ride without license and if we went to the police then I would be the one responsible for the whole accident as I don’t have a license and am riding.

Continuing

I go about 50 meters ahead and then call up my sister who then tells me,"Go get the money and come back, its okay." I go till there with even more scared feelings and I went very very cautiously and got the money back as slowly as possible. After coming back I put oil on my leg because the accident had a scratch on my leg and then off.My sister and the people in the house were talking about it but I went on with my future endeavors of the day as I didn’t want to face the humiliation.

Man! Now I find out that waiting on the roads for signals is also damn risky. Take Care.

No comments: