Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Another attraction in land of wonder


My Comments - The article was written in the editorial of the Gulf News, a daily newspaper in U.A.E .
Reading this editorial ,I was quite amazed at how quickly the city is making news for themselves.They are building their reputation in a different style .Dubai was once a desert filled with sand dunes and bounty of sand.Now they have that sand into a pure Hi-Tech city .When I was born my father used to tell me that the tallest building in the place was The World Trade Center . Now that same building is one of the shortest in that road. In just a gap of 15 years, Dubai has crossed limits like no other city .They have been quick in their decision making and once a decision is made, the necessary should be done so ,that to within its deadline. When I was returning from there I was just remembering the places I visited in the last few years. The place is ultimately changed from nothing to everything. Some of their creation is man made islands which can be seen from the moon , ski resort in a shopping mall , 7 start hotel situated in the middle of the sea . They future projects are enormous like Burj Dubai (The tallest building on Earth) , Dubai land, this place consists of a Dino land, a fantasy place bigger than Disney land, Sports Land and many more creations .Even though all of the above are artificially made, they still should be appreciated because all these facilities are located where once water was impossible to find .Right now I have left Dubai for education purposes but I have every intention to return back there and stay there leading a successful life.

Dubai, it’s a place to be.

2 comments:

Somayaji Ravi said...

Is formatting that big a problem! Didn't ever think so?

Unknown said...

nop sorry ....i will do so from next time onwards