Thursday, July 26, 2007

First Experience with Contact Lens

Yesterday, I transformed from using glasses to lenses for the first time ever. It was a completely different feeling and a very irritating one at first.

When the ophthalmologist put them on yesterday for the first time to the right eye, everything that I saw was blurring. I told him the problem but he told me that it was the first time I was wearing them and that is why it happened like that. He then put on the other eye's lens and that was perfect. I kept complaining that it wasn't right after which he checked up the box from which he had taken the lens. He then clarified, took out another lens case, put them on and Ola! it was suddenly flawless. Everything seemed so picture perfect. He then told me the cause behind the nuisance was that he had given me a wrong lens for the right eye(I mean the right left not the right wrong). After this, he made me exercise how to position and detach the lens from the eye and then what to do with the solution they had told me to use. I repeated the drill again and again till the doctor was confident and self assured of what I was doing.It was an amazing experience.

I thought that using a lens was freaky but now I find out it's very irritating at first but once accustomed to it, I found out its sophisticated, stylish, trendy and groovy.

No comments: